Monday, October 24, 2011

Have I failed as a mother?

To cu a long story short,I got so sick of my 18 year old Son sleeping & partying & not looking for a job,even though he is just about to close one chapter in his life-School & the HSC.
He just doesn`t seem to get what life is about.....we fight a lot & I asked him to move out,but I feel guilty now.
He would like to come home so I will think about it,although I have had a month of peace,I do miss him & worry so much.
I think this time apart has made him realize all the hurt & horrible things he has done to his family.....because he has put us through shit for about 4 years now.
I`ve tried my best to care & offer guidance,but now the Apron string have been cut as much as it pains me....my first born child is no longer a child but a young man now.
Does a Mother ever stop worrying about their kids.....I say not.
I just hope he can make a good life for himself,& I just want him to be happy.

1 comment:

  1. Thats all any of us want for our kids babe. For them to be happy and healthy. Sometimes though, I think you do need to cut the apron strings for them to truly appreciate just everything you do for them. Not only that, but its sad to say he isn't the only teenager behaving the way he is. I don't understand teenagers these days, they just don't seem to grab the gravity of just how important year 12 etc is. I always laugh though because I will say to them, trust me, even just a year after you finish high school you will be wishing you were back there. Back to the land of no responsiblities and no bills, no paying rent, car rego etc. They just don't understand. I think you and Waz are doing a great job and I think he just needs to learn a few lessons the hard way ya know. Big hugs to you Suse, I know its stressful babe. Xo

    ReplyDelete